The Tell in Tandem: Book-Based Interactive Storytelling Contest aims to provide an opportunity for the Filipino family to develop the love of books and reading and enhance their presentation and communication skills through tandem storytelling.
The competition is open to all Filipino parents and their children with ages 5-10 who are residing in the Philippines.
- The entry is tandem storytelling. One pair (parent and child) per family per entry.
- The entry shall be a tandem storytelling performed by a Parent (Mother or Father) and his/her child. Only two members of the family are allowed to participate and one (1) entry is allowed per family.
- Entry must be a storytelling video and must be told in Filipino.
- The book must be featured in the video. The storytellers shall mention the title, author, illustrator and publisher of the book.
- The use of props, costumes, graphics and video editing applications are allowed.
- The video must not exceed 8 minutes and must be submitted in mp4 format with 480p resolution.
- The video’s first public showing/viewing shall be at the NBW 2020 celebration. The video should not have been previously seen by any member of the public.
- An Entry Form shall be accomplished by the participants with attached Identification Cards (IDs) of parent and child and shall also be submitted in .pdf format (https://tinyurl.com/NBW-registration-form)
- Entry Form, video and attached requirements shall be uploaded to https://tinyurl.com/NBW-Contest-Registration on or before November 15, 2020. Filenames shall be in the following formats:
- Entry Form (TANDEM Last Name First Name)
- Video Entry (TANDEM Last Name First Name)
- Submission of entry constitutes permission to use contestant’s name and entry for the purposes of presentation, marketing and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries will become property of the PLAI, NLP and The Asia Foundation.
The decision of the panel of judges based on the following criteria is final and irrevocable.
|Storytelling Technique||The storytelling should have voice projection, animated actions and interactions||50%|
|Creativity and visual presentation||Adherence to the technical requirements and contain elements that are creatively and correctly used (i.e. text, illustrations, etc.)||40%|
|Synchronization||Chorus lines are delivered as if talking to the audience; same eagerness; same movements or choreography||10%|
CONTEST SCHEDULE / TIMELINE
Entries must be submitted on or before November 15, 2020 with the complete name and contact number of family representative. The Orientation will be on October 29, 2020 for the judge. The judging of entries will be on November 16-23, 2020 and the announcement of winners on November 30, 2020.
1. There will be three (3) winners of this contest and they will receive the following:
- 1st Prize – 15,000 + Certificate of Recognition
- 2nd Prize – 10,000 + Certificate of Recognition
- 3rd Prize – 5,000 + Certificate of Recognition
2. Winning videos will be posted on PLAI, NLP and Let’s Read Asia Facebook pages and websites and will receive an email for notification.
3. Winners will be invited to attend the Virtual Awarding and Closing Ceremonies on November 30, 2020 at 10:00 A.M.
*For further inquiries and clarifications, please contact Mr. Jose Tomasito N. Fernando, Member, 86th NBW Program and Operations Committee via email at email@example.com or at 09434625588.